Vaginal dryness it is characterized by lack of lubrication of the vagina which can cause itching, irritation or discomfort and, in the sexual act is the cause of pain on penetration. In addition, moisture loss means decreased protective flora and easier to acquire vaginal infections.
The lubrication of the vagina occurs as a result of the autonomic nervous system (neurohormonal nervous system) and the hormones progesterone and estrogen. Both resources stimulate the production of cervical mucus produced by the glands of the cervix. This fluid passes through the membranes to the muscular walls of the vagina and is also discharged by vulvar glands flowing therein.
Vaginal dryness, lack of lubrication, pain during intercourse, lack of moisture in the vagina, irritation or pain in intercourse, swelling or irritation of the vagina after sex.
The main causes of vaginal dryness are:
– Menopause: The reduction of estrogen caused by menopause is one of the possible causes of vaginal dryness. Aging involves generally lower production fluid.
– Infectious microorganisms: (candida, chlamydia or mainly streptococci) are responsible for the disturbance of vaginal fluids and dryness needed or replacement thereof by other harmful secretions (vaginal Véaseflujo in the listing above)
– Labor: Labor produces alterations in the vaginal wall may be responsible for lack of vaginal lubrication.
– Breastfeeding: The nursing involves hormonal changes that can alter the fluids of the vagina.
– Dehydration: Lack of water in the body can cause such problems.
– Drugs or medicines: Certain toxic products, such as drugs or certain drugs can cause vaginal dryness.
– Personal Problems: Lack of personal safety, fear or nervousness before sexual intercourse, lack of interest in the couple, psychological stress are states that can affect the production of vaginal lubricant to influence the autonomic nervous system and the production of estrogen which can lead to vaginal dryness.
A transitional period is normal vaginal dryness which can affect any woman especially as this gets older. Faced with a prolonged period of lack of lubrication, it is prudent to make a visit to the gynecologist to diagnose the causes of this problem and dictate the most appropriate treatment to be followed.
The natural treatment – like V-tight Gel – of vaginal dryness involves using a series of natural resources that helps supplement the lack of lubrication.